Monday, August 30, 2010

Tired + Hungry = Cranky-me :(

Tired tired tired.  That's probably the one thing that truly defines me, as I creep into the "tween" stage of adulthood (LOL) Being an older (gasp) mom, I find that having younger children makes it even more difficult to sleep.  My 3.5 year old has taken to what might be night-terrors recently. For the uninitiated person/parent, she seems to wake up screaming/yelling/crying.  You can do NOTHING to calm her down.  This child yells at her brother (whose room she is SLEEPING IN since her highness refuses to sleep in her own pink/princessy bedroom).  Last night she was yelling about her brother taking her juice...the night before that it was because he was grabbing her shoes. 

But life goes on right? Her inability to sleep peacefully therefore screws with my ability to sleep at.all...i lay in bed, falling asleep but not really asleep b/c I am waiting...waiting...waiting for the inevitable screech and the accompanying groan of the older child "mom, she's doing it again" and my resultant trek to the boy's room to comfort his sister who refuses.to.sleep.in.her.own.room......


So that explains tired.  Hungry is explained simply by it is about 12:15 in the afternoon and I haven't eaten since breakfast LOL....at least I can take care of hungry rather simply.  :) 

Happy Monday all, last Monday in September.

No comments:

Post a Comment