Friday, August 27, 2010

Rant-comendation: 360° mirrors (mean-ness abounds)


/begin rant.  soooo, a friend of mine posted a link to an interesting article about Old City in Philadelphia Magazine http://www.phillymag.com/articles/what_the_hell_happened_to_old_city/  The article is completely on-point and full of some ridiculously amazing information, dialogue, monologues and on and on.  My jaw hit the ground though when I was perusing the accompanying photos.  Imagine my confusion when gandering at the debacle(s) front and center in this photograph.
If you don't know which part of the shot I am referring to, think "big girl in a tiny open-backed too short dress" sung to the tune of the "fat guy in a little coat" song from Tommy Boy.  Really, Miss permed up hair, blue too tight/short/whatever dress?  Did you not review your attire before you left your home or was this outfit put together purposefully?  Maybe there's a market out there for shrek in an open-backed minidress?  I don't know.  It makes me want to be extra careful about ensuring my outfit and my hair looks ok both coming AND going.  From the front these girls might be A-Maaaazing...but from the back, not so much.

Before we start berating ME for my comments, truly, I am a large woman. I am not a small-ish woman who pretends she's large to get away with blogging whatever she wants about fatties.  I am a truly plus-sized middle aged woman, and while I think everyone is entitled to dress how they wish to, they also have to figure that others will point and laugh or at least rant about them in some fashion somewhere in the social media soup that flies around from the fingertips of so many!  /end rant

2 comments:

  1. I have to say, when I looked at the dresses, I thought they forgot to zip them up. Ok, so I'm not in with the styles since I've been a SAHM, but really?!?

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I know renee!! It's super crazy.

    ReplyDelete